Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sunbathing Cookies


When my son turned one, his birthday party theme was simply, fun in the summer. I was thinking about how much I enjoyed decorating these little cookie sunbathers and thought I'd share the cuteness!

A friend used a gingerbread man cookie cutter and made the sugar cookies for me. I then "dressed them in their swimsuits" with prepackaged cookie decorating icing. (One little rascal is weaning nothing but a smile ;-) They are lying on "towels" cut from pieces of scrapbook paper and are lying on a "beach" of light brown sugar. The little drink umbrellas added a nice touch!

I also loved the sunshine plates in the picture below. I got a bunch of yellow plates from the dollar store. I cut some of them into triangular shapes ) like cutting pieces of pie and then hot glued the pieces to the underside of another plate to create the sun's "rays."

I can't believe this was a year ago...time flies!



Yay Linky Parties!!








Todays Creative Blog


Tip Junkie handmade projects







1 Comments:

At June 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Lori Lucas said...

SO adorable. I especially like the one with a big 'ole smile.....and nothing else. And, the beach towels...how clever! Love it.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home