Monday, May 9, 2011

Family Name Plaque

Today I'm linking up to The Girl Creative...

The Girl Creative

While visiting friends, I admired a plaque they had hanging on their wall which displayed their last name and the year they were married. My wheels began to turn with ideas of how to make one for our home. Here's the one I made!



I bought a wooden plaque from Joann's for less than $5 with a coupon. I then painted it with some white paint we already had. I distressed the edges with some dark brown scrapbook ink. After measuring and playing around with different fonts, I used my Cricut Create to cut the letters and numbers from black adhesive vinyl. A little bit of transfer tape later....voila! I had my own family name plaque. It always receives compliments when we have guests, and it was very easy to make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home