Monday, May 23, 2011

A Tutu Wreath

I've been on a wreath kick for a few months now. A friend recently had a beautiful baby girl and wanted some kind of tulle wreath for her front door. My research began, and I was "tickled pink" (sorry..couldn't resist :-) to find JUST what I was looking for. This has to be one of the girliest things I've ever made. It's just "tutu" cute!



The "flowers" are rolled up aqua tulle, and the "leaves" are pieces of lime green tulle. It took a while to tie all the strips onto the wreath, but I'm so pleased with the look of it! Well worth it!

Ironically, the wreath in the tutorial is black and was made for Halloween, You can find the tutorial I used {here}. 


I had so much fun with it, I think I'll make the Halloween version this fall.


Linking up:















Creations by Kara







Making

The Girl Creative






3 Comments:

At May 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

What a great idea! I love it...thanks for sharing! I'm visiting from Debbiedoos and am now following you.

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com

 
At May 23, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Kath said...

love love love this! great ideas. gave me lots of inspiration.

really cute blog!
kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

 
At May 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Holiday Snob said...

So cute! We're obsessed with the tulle wreaths ourselves! I actually did a post today about one.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home