Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Outdoor Pillow Cover




Last summer I bought some throw pillows for our patio furniture which recieves direct sunlight for most of the day. As you'd imagine, they were pretty faded by the end of the summer even though they were in good form otherwise. The pillows were around $15 each, so I hated to throw them away. (See below...)


I happilly stumbled across a tutorial on  how to recover a pillow {here} at Cottage Magpie. I used a coupon at JoAnn's and got some bright and colorful outdoor fabric at a great price. In no time at all, I had fresh-looking "new" pillows for the patio!

You just tuck it into the cover like when you use a pillow sham.




Flip it over, and there you have it! I even had a little extra fabric I was able to use to make another pillow. I'm so pleased with how these turned out! Also, instead of spending $45 on new pillows, I spent about $10 on the fabric! A great savings!! Yay!







Yay Link Parties!

















Photobucket








Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special















http://www.thethriftyhome.com












Photobucket


 
 

[Outdoor Wednesday logo[4].png]


lil luna link party button

16 Comments:

At June 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Linda said...

I love that fabric! Very Summery and nice!! Great job!!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Jane said...

Looks great! I'm checking out that tutorial...

 
At June 1, 2011 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE that fabric...My pillows need covered as well...Actually my cushions could use a makeover...The weather in the summer just fades them terribly...

 
At June 2, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger JudyBug said...

I'll check out the tutorial! Mine have faded also. Power washing them actually helped and brightened them a little. However, I think I'm ready for a new look. Love your's!

 
At June 3, 2011 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Great job. I love the color it adds!

 
At June 5, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger 1 Funky Woman said...

I am in such need of new covers for our cushions. Love this fabric!
I linked up too!

Megan

 
At June 5, 2011 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

So glad I saw your pillow at Funky Junk - I bought some outdoor fabric at Jo Anns (40% off) a while ago and it is just sitting there. Like many of my projects...But seeing your pillow has me inspired! Hope to finish it in a few days! Thanks for sharing - your pillow is so colorful and just so happy! loving it :)

 
At June 5, 2011 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Ginny said...

What a great idea! I need to make some pillow covers for my couch, and I'm going to use this tutorial FOR SURE. Thanks! I just hope I can find a similarly cute fabric for $10!

Great post!
Ginny

 
At June 5, 2011 at 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a super idea,, I'm your newest follower!

 
At June 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Connie the crafterbug said...

I love this fabric! It is so bright and cheery!
Connie
New follower

 
At June 6, 2011 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

heading over to the tutorial. thanks!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger By the Bluegrass said...

I love this and am getting ready to do the same thing!!!! Your fabric is a lot cuter though. I am using some fabric that I've had for a while, just to get rid of it. But, I do love yours!!
xo,
Sena

 
At June 7, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I'm just learning how to sew. I love your pillow project!

Dee
Your new follower

 
At June 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Debbiedoos said...

That is such pretty fabric. I have the same faded pillow. You gave me some inspiration.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Mindie Hilton said...

love the colors

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.

 
At August 17, 2018 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Topsellar1 said...

Charmingly dumbfounded to see this meshwork of surprising words.
best-bike-covers

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home