Friday, June 3, 2011

Here's what I've been up to....


For YEARS I've seen sergers and thought..., "Those must be for people who do some really FANCY sewing." Well, just this past week I was blessed with an opportunity to do some "fancy" sewing for a sweet lady nearby who owns a children's clothing sewing business.

It turned out that my mother-in-law had a serger she'd picked up at yard sale. It had not been used and was in great shape. Now that I've used it to make about 25 skirts, there's no going back. It produces such a nicely finished edge. See?



If you have a chance to get your hands on a serger, you should really give it a try. I always found them somewhat intimidating because of how they look, but once you get the hang of it, you'll love it too!

Soon, I'll post some of the things I've made using my super serger! Stay tuned....

1 Comments:

At January 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Alana Heron said...

Many thanks for a good time visiting your web blog. It's really a pleasure knowing an internet site like that rich in great information.

High End Childrens Clothing

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home