Saturday, November 12, 2011

Delightful Autumn Treats






Years ago I taught with someone who made the BEST pumpkin rolls I'd ever tasted. Okay, it was actually the first time I'd EVER tasted a pumpkin roll, but it was fabulous. My coworker gave out samples of the yumminess and then took orders from everyone. The rolls were all wrapped up and delivered to us so we could take them to a Thanksgiving dinner or just go home and devour them ourselves. (Of course I never did that ;-) I thought the whole thing was a delicious idea all the way around....a good money-maker AND a treat for those of us who didn't cook much at the time.


Since then I've made a few pumpkin rolls of my own during the holidays and still love them. If you get a chance or are looking for something a little different to make for a dinner or gathering, try one of the recipes below. It's just a nice change of pace when you need to take something for a holiday meal or get-together. You could even make up several and freeze them! Sweet!


{HERE'S} a link with a VIDEO TUTORIAL. I love being able to SEE how it's all put together.
Click {HERE} for a  Paula Deen  Pumpkin Roll recipe.

{HERE} At How Does She...is another recipe along with a photo tutorial...also very helpful.


Another treat that I've really been enjoying is the Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice! Come to think of it, it would be rather yummy if enjoyed along with a slice of pumpkin roll...talk about the epitome of autumn deliciousness!






If you don't have a Starbucks close by, or if you'd just like to have unending access to this treat, here is a recipe for making your own.

Ingredients:
100% Apple Juice
Caramel Ice Cream Topping
Whipped Cream
Starbuck's Cinnamon Dolce syrup

Mix your apple juice and about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons (or more if you like the flavor) of Cinnamon Dolce syrup and warm it in the microwave. Top it off with some whipped cream (I like the kind you squeeze that looks pretty on top...Reddi Whip, perhaps?) Last but not least, drizzle the caramel topping on top of the whipped cream. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At December 14, 2011 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Hi Paula, thanks so much for the recipe for the pumpkin roll. It sure looks easy when someone else is making it!! I'm going to make one one of these days now that I have seen it being made. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home