Monday, September 12, 2011

Notebook Paper Shirt


I don't know about you, but I sure do love spending time gathering ideas and inspiration from Pinterest. A couple of months ago I saw a picture of a shirt that was made to look like notebook paper. The teacher in me thought that was a nifty and clever idea to try to recreate for my little guy's first day of 2K...perfect! Here's the one I saw on Pinterest. I believe the price tag on this one is around $50!

I just happened to have a white shirt that I'd not appliqued for him yet, so I got that out along with a ruler and disappearing ink pen and went to work. I drew one line down the side of the shirt to create the "margin." I then drew horizontal lines one inch apart all the way down the shirt. I already had both red and blue thread, so it was just a matter of picking a stitch on  my sewing machine that was a little thicker than a standard stitch, and I was on it! Nothing to this project except sewing some straight lines (and making sure your disappearing ink actually disappears ;-)

Here's Sweetbaby's shirt! Too cute and only cost a few dollars because I already had everything I needed!



Okay, so I did jazz it up just a bit more and added his name to the top line. Here he is rocking his notebook paper shirt on the first day of 2K....


Linking up:











HookingupwithHoH Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday



Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party



3 Comments:

At September 12, 2011 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Oh my goodness gracious! That is just the cutest little thing I've ever seen! The paper design is just so adorable, I could never imagine paying $50 for it though. I can't believe how awesome yours came out, well I can after seeing all the other things you've done, you are just so insanely talented. This shirt is amazing, and Sweetbaby it all sorts of adorable in this shirt. Thank you so much for sharing all of the amazing things you do.

 
At September 12, 2011 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Kath said...

this is adorable. great for back to school! I'm a follower! and love all of your craft ideas.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

 
At September 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Mary Jo said...

Love it!! Turned out great!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home