Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

I'm not sure which I enjoy most on Wednesdays in the blogosphere, Wordless Wednesdays or Weight-Loss Wednesdays. The latter is kind of a new Wednesday topic for me, but I'm going to give it a go particularly since I've been rambling on about cooking topics this week and still have more to come...
  • Food Tidings
  • Cooking with the Kiddos
  • Yay Giveaway!
I used to be one of those girls who was always able to eat whatever without a lot of effort at staying thin...until about ten years ago. Metabolism changes, life changes, etc. etc. pregnancy...and I find myself here, at a weight I'm not proud of and wanting to change it.

I've been reading the book Made to Crave, by Lysa TerKeurst, and have really been able to relate to the various topics she discusses. She doesn't offer diet plans or tricks...just simply addresses the natural cravings we have while suggesting we fill them with spiritual "food" rather than junk food. She discusses how we can use the cravings we have to deepen our relationship with God, and I like that approach.
Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not Food

(Click on the book cover ifyou'd like to order a copy.)

I have a gym membership and am pleased to say that I've gotten back in there this week (much to Sweetbaby's chagrin...doesn't like being taken to the nursery...) I run on the treadmill for as long as I can, even though at the moment that isn't very long, because I feel like that's the most bang for my buck (and results in the LEAST amount of time Sweetbaby has to stay in the nursery =) I'm sore, but it feels good to be back in the saddle.

I learned from a fitness trainer that I need to lose about 30ish lbs to really be where I'm feeling great again. I took it a step further today and ordered my Shaklee Cinch Weight Loss shake mix. I think that is going to simplify this process for me a bit, and you know I love anything having to do with Shaklee!

One more thing the personal trainer shared with me was the wonderful site and app, Myfitnesspal.com. This keeps up with my calories, water intake, exercise etc. and charts everything for me. I think my favorite feature is the button that allows me to use my phone to SCAN the barcode of a particular food to find out and record the caloric information of the food. That is just too cool!

I look forward to sharing more with you about my progress in the coming weeks!


Linking up!






1 Comments:

At July 21, 2011 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Alicia The Snowflake said...

Yay for going to the gym! Getting started is almost the hardest part. It seems so scary. But then once you start making changes, you realize how easy it is. Thanks for joining Weight Loss Wednesday! It was great to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home