Monday, July 11, 2011

Yay Cooking - Aprons


Thus far, Yay Home has been very geared toward my crafty endeavors mostly because that really is how I spend a great deal of my free time. However, this week I'd like to "pepper" in some posts related to cooking and will hopefully get to read about some of your great cooking ideas, recipes, etc.


This summer our Sweetbaby has been participating in a church program with a cooking theme. Somehow I missed the chance to order his apron during registration?? When I noticed they would be painting their aprons on the first day, I certainly couldn't allow him to go without one!!! Goodness no!!

I found a free, super-cute and easy tutorial for a toddler apron and chef's hat {HERE} at Ucreate. There are measurements for an adult apron as well. There are lots of free toddler apron tutorials out there, but this one was just my favorite. Adorable!

Here's a girly one...

Since I knew Samuel would be painting his Apron and would need it to be white or cream colored, I decided to use a printed fabric for the straps and pocket. It's not easy finding "manly" cooking-themed fabric! I finally found one I liked at JoAnn's...brown with brightly colored utensils.

I honestly whipped this out in an hour or so...I had enough extra time that evening to embroider his name on it too. Here's Sweetbaby's one-of-a-kind, Mama-won't-allow-me-to-be-the-only-kiddo-without-an-apron....apron. =)


Now I'm really looking forward to seeing how he painted it as well as how his "cooking" has altered its appearance. I think I'll take the leftover untensil fabric and make him that chef's hat too!

Here are some other apron tutorials I'd like to try:

Crayon apron from a dish towel @ Obsessively Stitching


This one is just something cute I saw and though, "I can make that...." I like the little notepad holder in front.


Ruffle Apron @ House of Smith's

 


Fat Quarter Apron @ Prudent Baby


 Apron made from an Anthropologie dish towel @ ECAB
(can't get this one to center for some reason...)


Let's face it, I could add apron pics all day and night. I even saw a whole section in a McCalls pattern book. For now though, just grab your favorite apron or make yourself a new one and lets talk about good cooking this week! Yay!

Somewhat Simple



The Girl Creative







4 Comments:

At July 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM , Blogger living for the planet said...

Those are super cute aprons! I'm visiting from the Super Stalker Blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I'd love it if you followed me back at http://organicplanet.blogspot.com/

 
At July 12, 2011 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Megan said...

Oh my gosh those are just the cutest little aprons every. And an apron with little crayon holders!?!? Genius!! Your sons came out adorable, I would love to see what it looked like after he painted it <3 Thank you so much for sharing this post, I hope your son has fun in his cooking class =)
-Megan

 
At July 12, 2011 at 10:49 PM , Blogger About a Mom said...

I'm lovin that ruffle apron! New follower from Tues Hop! Please stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi!

 
At September 7, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Kiss The Cook said...

I really like the kids aprons, they look very professional and it's great for children to have personalised aprons to call there own for cooking. Keep up the excellent work :-)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home