Monday, June 20, 2011

Making a John John

My son has never really worn these, so until a friend asked me to try to make one, I'd not given them much thought.

I looked around and found patterns that could be purchased, but I wanted to keep the cost low, so I sought out tutorials. I was so happy to find a tutorial for making a pattern {HERE} at Growing Home and a very helpful, step-by-step video tutorial {HERE} at Couturier Mommy. I'm so grateful to these nice ladies for spending their own time creating these helpful tutorials to share...for free!!!

Here's the John John (with a lining) I made for my friend's son, who is very into Thomas the Train right now! He looked really cute in it today at his birthday party!



If you're feeling fancy, Growing Home also has a tutorial for a REVERSIBLE John John {HERE}...even with an applique. I need to try that next!








Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




Creative Itch



1 Comments:

At June 21, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger BluBabesCreate said...

Absolutely love these! thanks for letting me know about the tutorials. I made my son something similar for Mother's Day, come see!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Yay Home! I love hearing from you and feel honored that you'd take the time to leave a comment. I hope you'll visit again soon! Yay Home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home